Cognitive RPA – Automation for Next Gen Revolution in Telecom
Cognitive RPA (Robotic Process Automation), as the name itself, suggests, provides intelligence to conventional RPA. Conventional RPA is extremely good at automating rule-based tasks involving structured and semi-structured data.
However, with enterprise processes being highly complex and technologically intertwined, utilizing both structured and unstructured data becomes complicated. It is imperative that only the RPA solution would not suffice. The digital workforce (Bots) would be required to make complex decisions that involve learning, reasoning, and self-healing capabilities.
In a nutshell, Cognitive RPA is RPA on steroids. It utilizes artificial intelligence technologies like computer vision, OCR (Optical Character Recognition), document understanding, NLP (Natural Language Processing), Text Analytics, and numerous custom-built or out-of-the-box Machine learning & Deep Learning models that help bots make complex decisions while automating an end-to-end process.
In addition, many vendors are providing Human in Loop capabilities where the output of AI/ML models is validated by humans (Business SME), and post their approval, bots take the automated process to its completion.
Along with automating web-based applications, RPA can also automate Windows applications and legacy applications, for which developing IT integration would be a cost-intensive, time-consuming and gargantuan task. RPA can mimic what an end-user does with near-zero errors and without being fatigued, bored, or roguelike humans. It offers higher accuracy, increased performance, increased adherence to SLA, and better compliance. With this amalgamation of AI and RPA (Cognitive RPA), we can now automate end-to-end processes and can handle complex cases which would have earlier required human interventions.
The main goal of Cognitive RPA is to take up all mundane, repetitive, and tedious tasks from humans so that they can focus on more strategic tasks rather than worrying about the former. The motto is “If you hate it, just automate it.”
There have been a plethora of use cases for Cognitive RPA / Intelligent Process Automation (IPA). The following are some of the use cases:
- New Subscriber Verification: Individual’s identity-related information is extracted from the submitted proof image and is matched against user input for any discrepancies. Moreover, the individual’s picture in ID proof is matched with their current picture and against pictures of fraudsters to verify the new subscriber’s identity.
- Invoice Processing: Extracts vital information from invoices like Bill To, Ship To, Due Date, Invoice, line items, total, etc., to run an audit against system entries by reconciling extracted information against them.
- Digital Assistant: Identifies failed jobs and takes remediation actions by understanding from underlying logs.
- FCR (First Call Resolution): Resolving customer’s concerns from the first call to a customer care center, bots can assist employees by offering real-time guidance (retrieving customer information, re-keying updated information, trigger issue to resolution workflow for known issues, etc.).
- Information Security Audits: Bots can easily collect evidence (logs, database records, flat files, etc.) across disparate systems and analyze them for any non-conformities against set enterprise policies, procedures, and guidelines.
We, at Subex, help customers realize value from Cognitive RPA implementation. We play the role of Trusted Advisor helping clients with Process discovery (identifying the process), Evaluation and Selection of the process – fit for RPA, Process Standardization (creation of user-friendly templates, documentation, communication plans, etc.), even Process Re-Engineering if required. Post finalization of the process for automation; High Level and Low-Level Designs are created in constant consultation with Business / Process SME. After rigorous iterative development and testing cycles, the full-fledge RPA solution is delivered so that customers can reap full benefits from it. We also undertake consulting assignments helping enterprises set up RPA CoE (Center of Excellence), Scale-Up their RPA journey, and assist them in stepping forward from conventional RPA to Cognitive RPA.
Make Better Decisions With Quantifiable Data-driven Evidence