Check out Handset Fraud solution features
One stop solution to combat all types of fraud
The whitepaper focuses on the sale of handsets/devices, fraud associated with handset sales, and the must-have capabilities in an anti-fraud solution.
Leading Middle East Operator chooses Subex for a holistic risk management approach
Some of the fraud methods used by fraudsters to commit device/handset fraud, especially for digital or web-based orders.
- Subscription fraud by identity theft where the real identity of a person is obtained through phishing, smishing, etc., and used without their knowledge to buy goods or services with no intention to pay
- Subscription fraud by falsifying data like ID credentials to purchase handsets/devices without any intention to pay
- Account takeover using genuine customer details that are obtained illegally and used to order handsets/devices
- Payment fraud using stolen credit or debit cards or counterfeit cards to purchase handset/devices
- Credit muling or proxy fraud whereby a genuine customer colludes with the fraudster to get goods or services without any intention of paying