What is a chatbot?
A chatbot is an AI software that can simulate a conversation with a user in natural language through messaging applications, websites, mobile apps, or the telephone. It is described as one of the most advanced and promising expressions of interaction between humans and machines and is widely used by various companies.
What are the benefits of a chatbot?
Benefits to customers:
- 24-hour availability with continuous communication between the seller and the customer.
- A chatbot can instantly answer thousands of questions at the same time.
- Customer service representative provides similar, consistent responses to a customer.
- Customer can take a screenshot whenever she likes, remember the conversation, or challenge an answer provided by the bot.
- Supports multiple languages that are especially useful for global brands. Chatbots can either ask the user which language they prefer at the beginning of the conversation or detect the user’s language via their input phrases.
Benefits to companies:
- Lower costs compared to consumer service salary, infrastructure, and education.
- Bots can increase sales because of their 24/7 availability and fast responses. It also gives recommendations that can smartly introduce customers to new products and services from the company.
- Bots can help increase customer engagement with timely tips and offers. Real-time customer communication of chatbots helps the customer find what he is looking for and evaluates different suggestions.
- Chatbot helps companies reach new customers who may otherwise not want to reach out to the company with an email or call.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of customers’ greatest pain points and helping the company improve its products and services.
8 Keys to AI Success in an Enterprise
Request a demo