The TM Forum Asset Management project lead by Subex which created the first ever operator asset management survey to understand network capex planning and budgeting activities across different operators, managing different networks, across every region in the world today.
TM Forum Network Asset Management Survey 2014 conducted along with Subex surveyed 29 operators focusing on understanding the global Capex challenge and returns on existing network investment that operators are experiencing.
Some of the key findings include:
- Close to 50% of respondents from Finance and Network reach different conclusions on needs and don’t have confidence in network demand projections
- Only 50% respondents measure increase in revenue from network assets
- 75% of the respondents agreed that they are forced to perform expensive, time consuming individual site audits to get a better idea of exactly what they have deployed on their networks
- 65% of respondents agreed that their inventory misaligned with network
- Over 75% respondents areas of concern deployed asset visibility and decommissioned asset visibility